The Rum Runner Racing Fast Electric R/C Boating Forums

Go Back   The Rum Runner Racing Fast Electric R/C Boating Forums > Specialty Forums > Scale Hydro Board
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Scale Hydro Board This board is for the Scale Hydro fans!! Scale Hydros of all sizes - 1/16, 1/12, 1/10, 1/8, and even 1/6th scale.

Old 03-19-2010, 02:57 PM
Preferred Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allan View Post
U8 Tide plan was/is owned by a magazine and were being sold on Ebay. Andy Kunz drew them originally so I checked with him - I don't know who owns the copyright now. Unless I find out it has lapsed I'm not putting them online.

Allan
I think I understand what you mean. Thanks!
Old 03-20-2010, 05:32 PM

andy kunz tide and slo mo plans

the andy kunz tide and slo mo plans were available from FLYING MODELS MAGAZINE the last time i checked about 6 months ago.

andy's tide plan is very nicely drawn with a separate template sheet for easy enlargement. a clean simple design with a relatively easy to build cowl.

that's another one on my list for a 46 inch gas power project. i think this is another overlooked "sleeper" design that should run well.

i don't know about the copyright situation but would be great to have andy's tide plan available again.

garry, i'd love to see that lauterbach plan become a reality. take a good look at the 31 foot 1958 miss u.s. IV lauterbach unlimited. longer than the the 66-67 chrysler crew and '75 lauterbach special. the 20 ft gp class lauterbachs have oversized cowls that are not proportional with the hull in my opinion.

dave w.

Last edited by dave weagel; 03-21-2010 at 02:00 PM.
Old 03-20-2010, 07:26 PM

andy kunz tide and slo mo plans

just checked the FLYING MODELS MAGAZINE website and the andy kunz plans no longer listed.

maybe andy can clarify availability.

allan, i hope you can get approval for putting them on your website.

dave
Old 03-25-2010, 09:33 AM
Prefered Vendor

So do I!! The plans seem to me to be a little Unique in That Tide had an offset body. The plans were drawn offset for our type of racing. I have mostly converted to Cad but the formers are a little off size - I just need time to figure it all out! Plus I want to move some formers to make the eggbox approach easier.

Fist I must finish the Notre Dame, Atlas and Thriftwaytoo kits!!

RumRunnermail -at- astecmodels.co.uk

AsTecmodels - 120 + pages of info , news and products for the FE boater
Old 05-13-2011, 11:48 AM
Thinking outside the hull

Any updates? I've been watching a few of these threads for a while, but without valuable input, have decided not to clutter.

Thanks.

"Don't think outside the box. Rather, refuse to admit that the box exists in the first place!"
Old 05-13-2011, 12:00 PM
Prefered Vendor

Sorry not from me. I am busy building an Atlas Van lines at 1/8th at the moment.

RumRunnermail -at- astecmodels.co.uk

AsTecmodels - 120 + pages of info , news and products for the FE boater
Old 05-13-2011, 02:34 PM

Just as a side note: My son and I built a 1/10th version of the Finlay/Dave Frank Oberto for 1/10th scale for this season and have been racing it with the Puget Sound Fast Electric club. It made a very nice light boat and has been running very nicely. We tweaked the cowling a bit to get it more scale in appearance, but other than that is was pretty much as described above with flipping the two sponsons around.
Old 05-14-2011, 12:56 AM
Thinking outside the hull

Thanks. If the plans are not available, then perhaps someone could post a few pictures of the bottom of the hull. That would definitely help.

"Don't think outside the box. Rather, refuse to admit that the box exists in the first place!"
Old 05-14-2011, 01:38 AM

8255 is defiantly a good choice of hull for a scale application, with the proper setup, these will stay on the water and fly like a bat out of he**!!