The Rum Runner Racing Fast Electric R/C Boating Forums

Go Back   The Rum Runner Racing Fast Electric R/C Boating Forums > General Discussion > Off Topic > Auto Enthusiast Board
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Auto Enthusiast Board Got a car? Proud of it? Well come on in and chat about your ride!!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 09-18-2010, 06:11 AM
graill's Avatar
graill graill is offline
Retired
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: washington st.
Posts: 794
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddieh View Post
hard to beat hemi orange !!! especially in the engine bay, very nice cuda but the prices they bring nowadays makes holding on to them tough

don't know if you noticed in my engine build folder, my builder is freshening a genuine 426 ( 66 or 67) with the magnesium cross ram, the manifold is probably worth what my motor is, it's going into a 30,000 orig mile 67 coronet


IMG_4023 by thunderboat59, on Flickr
I almost shed a tear, so sweet, never let her go...........
__________________
"Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you're wrong."

http://www.graill.smugmug.com/
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 09-20-2010, 04:05 PM
eddieh's Avatar
eddieh eddieh is offline
Speed Seeker
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: South River, NJ
Posts: 11,084
Blog Entries: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by graill View Post
I almost shed a tear, so sweet, never let her go...........
Don't I wish that Hemi was MINE!!!! however I would NOt put it in a coronet, I would look around for a 63-65 belevedere or a savoy, one of the early super stock cars I LOVE EM!!!


__________________
Eddie Hansen
ejhansen@comcast.net
Namba # 359
Moderator
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 09-20-2010, 08:26 PM
T.C.'s Avatar
T.C. T.C. is offline
Racer
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: FLA.
Posts: 436
I have a friend that has a Belveder just like that, only it has a 440 in it.
Very nice car, he also has a COPO 69 Camero he bought from Floyd Garrett's muscle car musem $$$$$$
This is my non numbers matching hotrod 69 8 years in the frame off and to much special stuff to list here.
T.C.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P7170003[1].jpg (70.0 KB, 11 views)
__________________
Wave Blasters of Florida
2011 National Champion 1/10th Vintage Scale
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 09-24-2010, 05:38 AM
graill's Avatar
graill graill is offline
Retired
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: washington st.
Posts: 794
I think back on all the stuff i passed up. for instance, here is a great story, have a drink because it will make you cry, or laugh.

i was 16 and had enough money from my paper route and another job to put money down on a car, i had two choices........please keep in mind my being a car virgin at the time i had no idea what was what except that chrome shined and headers made music, both my choices were selling for $4000.00 back then and both were in great shape in garages, both belonging to a couple of elderly folks............soooooooo.....


My dad was going to buy the car i picked and i would work it off in payments, my choices were a dark blue 66 charger with a 383 magnum and headers that sounded sweet and tons of bright, shiny, chrome, or an ugly blue daytona with a quiet 440 in it...............i chose the charger.......

I thought the daytona with the tall wing and pointed nose looked silly............................................. ..................(i weep from time to time when i remember those days.)
__________________
"Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you're wrong."

http://www.graill.smugmug.com/
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 09-24-2010, 08:24 AM
eboat eboat is offline
Racer
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Port Hope ONTARIO CANADA
Posts: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by graill View Post
I think back on all the stuff i passed up. for instance, here is a great story, have a drink because it will make you cry, or laugh.

i was 16 and had enough money from my paper route and another job to put money down on a car, i had two choices........please keep in mind my being a car virgin at the time i had no idea what was what except that chrome shined and headers made music, both my choices were selling for $4000.00 back then and both were in great shape in garages, both belonging to a couple of elderly folks............soooooooo.....


My dad was going to buy the car i picked and i would work it off in payments, my choices were a dark blue 66 charger with a 383 magnum and headers that sounded sweet and tons of bright, shiny, chrome, or an ugly blue daytona with a quiet 440 in it...............i chose the charger.......

I thought the daytona with the tall wing and pointed nose looked silly............................................. ..................(i weep from time to time when i remember those days.)

But what makes you cry more
The fact that you did not buy the Daytona or that you would have sold it a couple of years later for only $2500
What happened to the 66 Charger ?

I am working on a 69 Charger 383 car
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 09-24-2010, 09:56 AM
T.C.'s Avatar
T.C. T.C. is offline
Racer
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: FLA.
Posts: 436
Know how ya feel, had chances to buy a 68 427 Camero for 4500, Dad said I would kill myself and wouldnt loan me the money.
Another time I had a chance to buy an all alum. AC Bristol for 1200 in very good shape, dad said "why do you want that european car"? (no disrespect to the Brit's) once again no deal!
I got a Vega GT LOL
sad very sad...................
T.C.
__________________
Wave Blasters of Florida
2011 National Champion 1/10th Vintage Scale
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 09-24-2010, 10:18 AM
hydronut's Avatar
hydronut hydronut is offline
Sr. Racer
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 3,049
Quote:
Originally Posted by T.C. View Post
Know how ya feel, had chances to buy a 68 427 Camero for 4500, Dad said I would kill myself and wouldnt loan me the money.
Another time I had a chance to buy an all alum. AC Bristol for 1200 in very good shape, dad said "why do you want that european car"? (no disrespect to the Brit's) once again no deal!
I got a Vega GT LOL
sad very sad...................
T.C.
I had a Vega GT Panel Wagon, Stuffed a Very built Small Block 400 in it, Narrowed Ford 9 inch 8 point cage and full frame connectors. That car was a Blast. I had custom painted it fading Candy Tangerine to deep Candy Red and her Name was "Tequila Sunrise" Another one I wish I had back.
__________________
SPEED IS IRRELEVANT IF YOU DON'T FINISH THE RACE !!! www.rockymountainthunderboats.org
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 09-25-2010, 02:55 AM
graill's Avatar
graill graill is offline
Retired
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: washington st.
Posts: 794
Quote:
Originally Posted by eboat View Post
But what makes you cry more
The fact that you did not buy the Daytona or that you would have sold it a couple of years later for only $2500
What happened to the 66 Charger ?

I am working on a 69 Charger 383 car
I sold the 66 charger 7 years later to a collector for 6k, so a small profit on my part,. As for the i would have sold it on the daytona, i tend to take care of things and would have likely found out the cars true value. I even got the electroluminescent dash working on the charger, prettiest dash lighting you ever saw. Ya win some ya lose some.

I guess in the end if you enjoyed what you had, you still win.

Got the flowmaster super 40's and the stainless exhaust put on my challenger today, really amazed at the transformation in sound.

i decided not to go with the retro RT stripes as i had planned so i am tossing around ideas, might do something different, not sure, just dont want to have it look cheesy or like anyone elses.
__________________
"Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you're wrong."

http://www.graill.smugmug.com/
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:03 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.