The Rum Runner Racing Fast Electric R/C Boating Forums

Go Back   The Rum Runner Racing Fast Electric R/C Boating Forums > Fast Electric Forums > The Original Fast Electric Q&A
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

The Original Fast Electric Q&A This is the #1 spot in the world to ask questions about Fast Electric R/C Boats.

Old 12-22-2010, 09:53 AM
Speed Seeker

need a little help..

Don the link on the rules for the participation form isn't working, in the meantime anyone wanting to participate send me a pm and I will change your access to get to that part of the site..
Old 04-18-2011, 04:13 AM

Hey guys I have just decided to build a scale boat. I have some plans by Les Ruggles that were whipped up back in the seventies. The plans are for hull #8579 the first U-79 Nitrogen / U-6 Miss Madison. The plans I have are for 1/8 scale nitro, but after talking to an old friend who I usdto race with back in the seventies I am thinking 1/10. I was a member of Rose City Model Yaht Club back when John Howell and John Ernest were still young guys.
Old 04-18-2011, 06:39 AM

Sorry that is hull number 5879. I raced R/C with the RCMYC back in the late 70's guys like Roger Newton, Les Ruggles, John Ernest, Ron Daum, and others were setting the way.I included a few shots from around 1979 for fun
Old 04-18-2011, 10:54 AM

Welcome

Labdog, welcome I am relatively new to 1/10 scale although I raced 1/8 scale for several years with the group you mentioned, are you doing 1/8 or 1/10?,I am corroborating heavily with John Earnest and we have some hull molds for several boats ,cowlings,plans,drivers,etc in 1/10 and 1/8 scales, John Howell is still running 1/10 scale
Old 04-20-2011, 04:33 AM

After spending some time on the phone with John Howell I really feel 1/10 is the way to go. I was planning on just making a static display, but I really think I need to make her run. I did get an email from John Ernest letting me know he would help in any way he could, and I understand that he has the molds for cowlings and stuff I would need.
The plans that I have are for the Nitrogen or the Miss Madison, and as much as I like the Nitrogen I really think that the first Miss Madison with the Mahogany and white would be the best one to do.
I posted a few pictures from the 1979 Rose Cup Regatta on my facebook page if you would like to look at them jsut look for Steven Curtis Huft.