The Rum Runner Racing Fast Electric R/C Boating Forums

Go Back   The Rum Runner Racing Fast Electric R/C Boating Forums > Boat Building & Do-it-yourself forums > Building, Setup, How to Articles, and other boating questions.
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Building, Setup, How to Articles, and other boating questions. This section is where we will archive articles that people write. If you would like to submit an article contact us and we'd be glad to get it posted for you!

Old 01-24-2005, 04:47 AM
Prefered Vendor

Hydro C of G is more commonly accepted as being 10 - 15 % of the afterplane ( distance from the rear planining edg of the sponson to the transom - perhaps more properly the front edge of the prop). This is a good start but the c of g will vary dependent on weight, prop lift, prop angle and required performance.

The position of the turn fin can also be fairly critical - it should be in front of the c of g the closer to the c of g it is the more lively the turn.

RumRunnermail -at- astecmodels.co.uk

AsTecmodels - 120 + pages of info , news and products for the FE boater
Old 03-12-2009, 06:25 AM

Thanks for the heads-up kensmith, I've been looking for a good newbie resource.
Old 08-12-2013, 11:55 AM

Hay guys I'm a newbie kind of, I got great info from Don Wollard. I have a R hobbies 30.5 F-1, I have ordered a 3674 2200kv 18.5 volt motor 120amp ESC. I have 4s and 5s lipos. Don said a x440 or x442 prop would be good, is that 40mm dia. 42mm dia. and what pitch should it be? And brass or alum prop. And would the CG of the boat be the same as a mono haul boat? And what would be a good source to find props at on line.
Thanks Dave
Old 08-15-2013, 05:46 PM
Contest Director

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaves40 View Post
Hay guys I'm a newbie kind of, I got great info from Don Wollard. I have a R hobbies 30.5 F-1, I have ordered a 3674 2200kv 18.5 volt motor 120amp ESC. I have 4s and 5s lipos. Don said a x440 or x442 prop would be good, is that 40mm dia. 42mm dia. and what pitch should it be? And brass or alum prop. And would the CG of the boat be the same as a mono haul boat? And what would be a good source to find props at on line.
Thanks Dave
Dave - Brass prop, for sure. CG will be similar but experiment a little. Again ... be careful with that 5s set-up, not too sure your motor will last very long under such stress. You will like see a great difference in performance of the hull too. Your boat is a bit small for 5s. Likely to flip a 'lot'.
Its 5:00pm somewhere!